Privacy policies and cookies
- Collection of information
2.1. Data provided by you
Disclosure of personal data is not required for the use of our online services. If any personal data (name, postal address or email address) are collected within the framework of our online services, this is done, as far as possible, on a voluntary basis. If, for instance, you wish to receive the Newsletter offered on our website, we require your email address as well as information that enables us to verify that you are the owner of the email address indicated.
2.2. Automatically collected data
For reasons of data security and for the purposes of optimizing user-friendliness, we also collect non-personal data in connection with the use of our online services. Datas as the Internet browser used, the operating system, the number of visits and the average time spent on our website, as well as the pages you accessed, are stored.
Such automatically collected data are not associated with data from other sources. However, we reserve the right to retrospectively verify such data, if any concrete indications of unlawful usage are brought to our attention.
2.3. Cookies and web beacons
Our online services use so-called browser cookies and web beacons. Cookies do not cause any harm on your computer. They are small files with configuration settings that help us to make our online services user-friendlier, more effective and more secure. Moreover, cookies serve to implement certain user functions.
Our online services typically use “session cookies”, which are automatically deleted when the browser is closed. Occasionally, they also use “persistent cookies”, which remain on your device until they expire or are manually deleted. The latter enable us to recognize your browser at your next visit. For details on “third party cookies”, i.e. cookies of third-party providers, such as Google Inc., please refer to the privacy rules of such providers.
You can adjust your browser or the privacy settings of your devices to be notified whenever a cookie is sent to your device so that you can decide whether or not to allow a cookie on a case-by-case basis. You can also disable the acceptance of cookies, in certain cases only or by default, and activate the automatic deletion of copies every time you close your browser. However, you should bear in mind that some functions of our online services may not be fully accessible if you deactivate cookies.
Moreover, we use web beacons, also called page tags, to analyze the effectiveness of our website or our newsletters. For example, our Newsletters and HTML emails may contain a web beacon that determines if the email or the links transmitted by email have been opened. Such information helps us to improve our email service and to adjust our contents to user needs. Deletion of the email also deletes the web beacon. It goes without saying that our regular text emails do not contain web beacons.
2.4. Web analysis
For the purposes of continuous functional optimization and maximum user-friendliness, some of our online services use the web analysis services and social plugins listed below. The data used for this purpose are exclusively non-personal.
www.google.com/analytics/terms/gb.html or https://www.google.com/policies/ /.
Facebook Plugins (“Share button”): You can recognize Plugins of Facebook Inc., 1 Hacker Way, Menlo Park, California 94025, USA by the Facebook logo or the “share button”. For an overview of Facebook plugins, please click here:
- Use of personal data
As a matter of principle, personal data provided by you are processed and used by us exclusively for the purposes specified. These include, in particular:
- Provision, improvement and support of our online services: This includes data analyses, the identification of usage trends, as well as calculations and statistics on user access patterns.
- Use of contact form: If you use the contact form for enquiries, the information provided by you in the contact form, including your contact data, is used to process the enquiry and stored for later use in case follow-up questions arise. If necessary for the purpose of processing your enquiry we can also transmit your personal data to other companies or to third parties involved. Your personal data will be stored for the duration of processing the enquiry and a maximum period of 3 / three/ years after completion of processing, unless longer storage is legally permissible for other reasons.
- Mailing and event’s submission: If you fill in the web form to register for our events, we exclusively use the data provided by you to verify that you are the owner of the email address indicated and wish to receive information, to compile a mailing list, and to analyze the usage of our resources. In this case, your data will be stored for the duration of 2 /two/ years after the submission, unless longer storage is legally permissible for other reasons. Your data will only be used by us for further purposes, if you have agreed to such uses.
- Ordering of poster, banner, video or other WDOR’s materials: If you order any of the campaign materials from us, the personal information provided by you is used exclusively for processing your order and will subsequently be stored for a maximum period of 2 /two/ years after the last consignment. For the execution of orders, we may use the services of third parties to whom we transmit your data exclusively for the purpose of executing your order. For further purposes, we only use the personal data provided by you, if you have given us your consent.
- Protection of rights and property: If we have reason to believe that the rights and the property of Worlddayofremembrance.org, its and contributors or third parties have been or could be impaired, we can use and transmit your personal data in order to protect such rights and/or such property. Moreover, we reserve the right to disclose your personal data, provided such disclosure is required by law or by order of competent authorities, to safeguard due process in accordance with the procedure indicated on our website, and to protect the aforementioned rights.
- Cleansing and consolidation of data: From time to time, the personal data provided by you can be cross-checked against or consolidated with data from our existing registers (online and offline), data taken over from a legal predecessor, or data from other sources.
- Transmission and disclosure of your personal information
Depending on the type of interaction you requested (e.g. call to be returned, placement of an order, request for services, information, etc.), your data may be exchanged with third parties involved in order execution (e.g. mail order companies, banks, etc.) or other companies of the Worlddayofremembrance.org. We may also be required to disclose personal data in order to meet legal requirements or to enforce rights and agreements.
- Compliance with laws and similar obligations: We will transmit your personal data in order to (i) enforce or comply with a law, a regulation, an order issued by a public authority or compulsory measures, (ii) detect and prevent security threats, fraud or other malicious activities, (iii) protect and/or enforce the rights and the property of Worlddayofremembrance.org or of third parties, and (iv) protect the rights and the personal security of our employees and of third persons.
- Right to information, right of withdrawal and deletion of your personal data
You have the right to request information in writing about your personal data stored by us. Moreover, in connection with the use of your personal data, you have the right to correction, deletion, suppression or restriction of processing as well as the right to lodge a complaint with the data protection authority. Please address such requests as well as any other questions to the contact point indicated under item 7.
- Data security
Worlddayofremembrance.org employs a large variety of data security measures to ensure the confidentiality and integrity of your personal information. However, given the nature of the Internet, but there may be security gaps in data transmission via the Internet (e.g. communication by email) and that complete protection of data from access by third parties is not possible.
October 22, 2018, Worlddayofremembrance.org